Site Selection & Property Negotiation
Jacobs Consultancy’s Petroleum, Chemicals & Energy Practice has provided site selection services to industrial clients since 1974. Our clientele has consisted of global firms in a variety of industries seeking sites throughout the world:
- Life sciences — fine chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology
- Health care products
- Food processing
- Specialty fabrication and manufacturing operations
- Defense projects — ordnance and weapons systems assembly and test facilities
- Chemicals — specialty, fine, and commodity chemicals
- Petroleum refining operations
- Pulp, paper, and forest products
- Power generation
- Light manufacturing operations
Our projects range from large manufacturing complexes requiring more than a thousand workers to small operations employing fewer than a hundred personnel.
To protect our clients’ interests, we maintain extremely strict confidentiality regarding client identity and the specific nature of a project. Discussions with economic developers, government officials, realtors, property owners, and other parties are limited to the most basic information required to identify and evaluate candidate sites and assess applicable government incentive programs.
This approach protects our clients’ competitive position, minimizes the impact on their work force and operations at existing operations, avoids unwanted publicity and attention, and enhances our clients’ ability to acquire the chosen site under favorable terms.
For more detailed information regarding our capabilities in this area, please contact us.