Product Blending Simulation & Optimization
Jacobs Consultancy’s Petroleum, Chemicals & Energy Practice roots in refinery consulting can be traced back to refinery simulation tools, including linear programming (LP) and process simulations. Significant value for our clients is realized when we integrate our analytical techniques with highly experienced consultants to identify opportunities, assess risks, and provide solutions for the refining industry.
Our Petroleum, Chemicals & Energy Practice develops expert refinery LP models, and is a licensed user in GRTMPSTM, PIMSTM, and PetroPlanTM. We also utilize HCAMSTM for crude assay development. Our LP experts have significant experience in developing models for the downstream industry.
We have developed a variety of in-house, proprietary kinetic and empirical models. The aggregate of these tools gives us the capability to accurately simulate and optimize overall refinery operations and specific process operations. Our team of consultants, coupled with these sophisticated modeling tools, allows us to thoroughly and effectively analyze complex problems.
Over the years, we have used our refining simulation expertise to complete numerous single-client and multi-client studies covering a broad range of issues:
- Regulatory analysis and strategies to cope with CARB, RFG, EPA complex model, low sulfur gasoline, anti-backsliding, MSAT2 (low benzene), MTBE phase-out, ULSD and ethanol blending
- Configuration analysis
- Canadian crude upgrading and advantaged crude analysis
- Decision risk analysis and Monte Carlo simulation
- Local, regional, and worldwide supply/demand issues
- Crude valuation, feedstock selection, and product optimization
- Crude market penetration analysis
- Gasoline blending audits and analyses
- Refinery valuation analysis
- Multi-refinery integration studies and synergy analysis
- Merger, joint venture, and acquisition analysis
- Refinery and petrochemical integration
- Refinery economics, and optimization strategies and improvements
- Capital planning
- Tank farm optimization
- Project development and support
- LP audits and model updates
- Feasibility assessment
- Investment assistance